Giethoorn Day Trip from Amsterdam
The Magically picturesque and historic town of Giethoorn
Take a trip back in time to the historic fairytale Village “Giethoorn”.
Check-in: 10:00 AM at the Victoria Plaza (opposite Central Station)
Meet your guide and driver at 10:30 at Hotel Victoria Plaza (check-in 10:15) near Amsterdam Central Station. Board a luxury coach for a 1,5-hour ride to Giethoorn. While riding you”ll drive true beautiful Dutch landscapes. you” ll stop at the Houtribdijk, where you have a photo moment (you ‘ll have time to take photos of the picturistic view of the biggest Lake of western Europe )and your guide will tell you everything about polders and dijken.
Then we drive further to Giethoorn also known as the Venice of the North. In this phase of the Tour, we board an electrical boat for a 1-hour guided tour. we will sail past beautiful restored thatched-roof farmhouses, picturistic bridges And sail on the lake Bovenwiede where people move them self forward with punting, (traditional transport system of Giethoorn) after the boat tour you ‘ll have free time to explore the fairylike village on your own, get tips from your guide of what to see and where to go. after you enjoyed your visit and made a lot of pictures, we drive you safely back at the end of the afternoon to the pick-up location.
– A local English speaking tour Guide with extensive (historical) knowledge of the Netherlands and the locations of the day trips, making sure everybody is having a good time
– Guided Boat tour in Giethoorn (Available to be narrated in English Spanish German Arabic
– Coffee or tea on the boat cruise
– Transfer in minivan
– Optional: Discount on lunch at selected restaurants (lunch itself is excluded)
– 10.30 departure Amsterdam Victoria hotel
– 12:00 Arrive Giethoorn. Begin to explore the village by an English guided boat trip (1 hour)
– 13:30 Group lunch (*special price) for local cuisine at a friendly restaurant, which is part of traveling experience.
– 14:30 Free time for your own
– 17:00 Leave Giethoorn
+ 19:00 Arrive Amsterdam